Institutes & Committees Cost & Delivery Institute Global Institute Well-being & Workforce Strategy Institute Health Innovations Forum Executive Committee on Value Purchasing Leadership Forum on Employee Experience Pharmacy Benefit Committee Leave Optimization Forum Evidence-based Benefit Design Committee
Mission & Objectives
The mission of the Global Institute is to enable multinational companies to succeed in their global strategy in support of their worldwide workforce. We recognize that the health and well-being benefits landscape is a difficult one, and the challenges are exponentially greater when responsibilities include developing and implementing those strategies across multiple countries.
The Global Institute’s objectives are designed to magnify employer resources and meet their strategy and design needs by:
- Creating a community of global peers to learn from and support regarding trending issues and everyday challenges;
- Recognizing regional and country nuances and the role they play in implementation and acceptance of globally consistent benefit programs;
- Enabling diversity of perspectives represented by colleagues in varied roles (global benefits leaders; chief medical officers; global well-being leaders; occupational health professionals, consultants, and solution-based thought leaders) and geographical locations;
- Building a network of country expertise by connecting members across countries on topic specific needs;
- Influencing the agenda of meetings and publication topics to showcase emerging trends and generate actionable insights for members;
- Monitoring developments across the globe; sharing timely insights and identifying the potential impact of challenges to employers; and
- Where appropriate, leveraging content and insights from other experts at Business Group on Health, including well-being, leave, innovation, and employee experience.
Explore The Institute
How To Get Involved
Members of the Institute are a diverse group of including chief medical officers, global well-being leaders and global benefits leaders from diverse geographic regions. The Institute also includes a select number of strategic partners from our industry partner membership who provide thought leadership to the group. Membership is limited so please use our contact us form to learn more about available opportunities.
If you represent an employer member of Business Group on Health your annual participation fee is $5,000.
The Institute meets four times a year in-person – twice in New York and twice at the Business Group’s offices in Washington, DC. The June meeting coincides with our annual Global Summit.
Members provide guidance on Business Group resources focused on global health, well-being and benefits strategy. Members participate in employer roundtable discussions and provide thought leadership on upcoming discussion topics, conference sessions and publications focused on emerging issues such as women in the workforce, global mobility, minimum core benefits and other non-health benefits topics. Members advise the Best Employers: Excellence in Health & Well-being Global Distinction Awards program.
Scope of Work
- Face-to-face benchmarking and networking opportunities available to all Global Institute members. Meetings are held in multiple regions;
- Virtual Global Institute-only benchmarking sessions offered on global topics as well as country- and regional-specific discussions;
- Thought leadership on global strategies and leading trends that are locally relevant across multiple countries, with access to certain industry and policy experts at Institute-only meetings;
- Ability for Institute members to help set the agenda for global resources, products and topics based on your priorities;
- Access to employer examples available to Institute members only. These examples relate to various global topics (well-being, mobility, mental health, governance, purchasing, cost solutions, etc.);
- Promote awareness and understanding of global health, well-being and workforce and benefits challenges, including quality, implementation and the impact of organizational changes. Also available to members are discussions about the importance of policy, local requirements or regulations and how they impact experience; and
- Mechanism for confidential sharing of ideas and experiences with other Institute members.