The National Business Group on Health's public policy activities provide members with the latest information and analysis of federal legislative and regulatory developments in health care that impact employers.
The Business Group issues Public Policy Alerts when Congress or the states pass new or major laws, agencies finalize regulations, or the Supreme Court or Federal Appellate Courts issue rulings that significantly affect employers’ health benefits or health care programs. These Alerts describe the key details of the government action, how it may impact employers, and include background information and links to available resources.
Given the level of interest and uncertainty surrounding the actions of the Trump Administration, the Business Group issues Washington Alerts, as developments warrant, to help keep members informed about major new developments that could affect employer-sponsored health benefits and health care delivery.
- November 26, 2018
- IRS Increases Health FSA Contribution Limit for 2019
- Yesterday, the IRS released Revenue Procedure 2018-57, which increases for inflation the voluntary employee health FSA contribution limit to $2,700--a $50 increase over the 2018 limit.
- November 26, 2018
- IRS Updates PCORTF Fees
- In IRS Notice 2018-85, the IRS announced that for plan years ending on or after October 1, 2018 and before October 1, 2019 (i.e., the 2018 plan year for calendar year plans), Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Trust Fund (PCORTF) fees will be $2.45 multiplied by the average number of covered lives.
- July 27, 2018
- Massachusetts to Require Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Massachusetts governor Charlie Baker signed into law a number of new tax and workplace provisions, including a new paid family and medical leave benefit for Massachusetts employees.
- June 19, 2018
- Michigan to Repeal Health Claims Tax
- Recently, Michigan passed legislation repealing its Health Insurance Claims Assessment (HICA). This legislation, which the Business Group supported, should result in cost savings for self-insured plan sponsors with Michigan employees.
- May 11, 2018
- IRS Issues Inflation-Adjusted HSA/HDHP Amounts for 2019
- The IRS Issued Inflation-Adjusted HSA/HDHP Amounts for 2019.
View All Policy Alerts