Applications for the 2024 Best Employers Award will be accepted starting September 6, 2023. All applications are due by 5 pm ET November 17, 2023. The 2024 Application Guide will be available by mid-July 2023.
This year, there are multiple recognition opportunities in one application. Beyond recognition for a company’s overall health and well-being approach, Best Employers award winners will have the opportunity to be considered for additional recognition for exceptional accomplishments.
Global Recognition as an Employer of Choice
Get local, national and global recognition as a company that values the health and well-being of its employees
Multiple Awards, One Application
Submit one application for the Best Employers Award and be considered for additional awards, honoring companies with exceptional accomplishments in global health and well-being, health equity and mental health
Benchmarking and Networking with the Best-in-Class
Receive an individual benchmarking report and join us for the 2024 Best Employers Awards Ceremony to celebrate and connect with peer winners
The Best Employers Award criteria honors the importance of strategic, thoughtful approaches to well-being and health equity. The application is designed to reflect leading and innovative practices in the following core areas:
- Leadership, Culture and Well-being Strategy
- Holistic Well-being
- Engagement and the Employee Experience
- Equitable Benefits and Social Determinants of Health
- Metrics and Evaluation
- Local, national and global recognition as a company that values the health and well-being of its employees
- Brand recognition as an employer of choice
- Elevation of health and well-being internally with senior leaders and employees
- Individual feedback report
- Digital award seal to use for promotional and recruitment purposes
- Press release template
- Recognition at the awards ceremony during Business Group’s Annual Conference
- Discounted Annual Conference registration rate
- Listing on Business Group on Health website
Yes. The 2024 Best Employers Application Guide, which includes all application questions and guiding resources, is available upon request. Email email@example.com to request the guide. There is no cost for Business Group members. Non-members will need to pay a fee for access.
Both Business Group on Health members and non-member companies can apply. Non-member companies must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Fortune 500 Company;
- Top 100 of Forbes America's Largest Private Companies;
- Forbes Global 2000; or
- A workforce with at least 5,000 employees.
All global companies can apply, regardless of where headquarters are located.
There is no fee for Business Group on Health members. For non-members, there is a one-time $500 fee to access the application PDF and a $1,500 application fee to apply for Best Employers: Excellence in Health & Well-being. If you’re a non-member and interested in applying, please request access or email firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
- 1 | Submit a registration form. (Your form will be reviewed and approved within 1 business day).
- 2 | You will receive an email inviting you to create a SurveyMonkey account. Click the green "Join Now" button in that email.
- 3 | You will be directed to the login page.
- Returning applicants: You will see a message that says a SurveyMonkey Apply account with your email address already exists. Simply click "Reset password" to gain access to your account.
- New applicants: You will be asked to create a SurveyMonkey account. Register as an individual, not an organization. You'll receive a confirmation email that you've successfully registered. From there, you can click the green "Go to site" button to log in.
- 4 | Once you establish your SurveyMonkey account, you always go here to log into the application portal.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
The Business Group will allow one parent and one sub-unit/division to apply.
Yes. Beyond recognition for a company’s overall health and well-being approach, Best Employers award winners will have the opportunity to be considered for additional recognition for exceptional accomplishments in the following areas:
- Best Employers: Excellence in Global Health & Well-being
- Best Employers: Excellence in Health Equity
- Best Employers: Excellence in Mental Health
There is one Best Employers application. Applicants must apply to the Best Employers: Excellence in Health & Well-being award to be considered for a Best Employers: Excellence in Global Health & Well-being award. Companies can be recognized with Best Employers: Excellence in Global Health & Well-being by either demonstrating a strategic global/company-wide approach to health and well-being and/or an exceptional regional approach(es). To be considered for the Global Health & Well-being award your company must be applying based on your full global population and have at least 25% of employees outside the U.S.
Each application is reviewed by both peer health and well-being leaders at large employers and members of the Business Group on Health team. If you are interested in contributing as a judge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The contacts listed in the application will be notified by the end of February 2024.
The Best Employers awards ceremony will be held on Wednesday, April 10, 2024 during the Business Group’s Annual Conference in Tucson, Arizona.
Business Group on Health is a network of professionals helping large employers optimize business performance by improving the way they approach health and benefits. We leverage our network of members to share best practices, shape health care policy, and craft innovative solutions for the health care issues employers care about.