Marketing & Communications Consultant (Contract Position)
The National Business Group on Health (“Business Group”) is the nation's only non-profit organization devoted exclusively representing large employers’ perspective on national health policy issues and helping companies optimize business performance through health improvement, innovation and health management. The Business Group’s mission is to keep its membership on the leading edge of innovation, thinking and action to address health care cost and delivery, financing, affordability and consumer experience with the health care system. The Business Group is comprised of over 440 members, mostly Fortune 500 companies, providing health care coverage for more than 50 million workers worldwide.
We are seeking an innovative and experienced marketing and communications professional to guide the organization in the areas of marketing and content strategy. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, outgoing individual with a passion for collaborating and is committed to innovation, creativity and excellence. This position is a contract position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work across the organization to develop long-term marketing strategy, message platform and audience-specific integrated marketing and communication plans.
- Responsible for content strategy, content marketing and production and overall governance for content use across all channels. Oversee voice, style and brand standards in marketing and communications.
- Evaluate performance of content marketing initiatives and provides strategic recommendations for new and existing initiatives.
- Oversee workflow of marketing copy projects from ideation to distribution.
- Ensure all content created supports user engagement goals.
- Oversee social media strategy and presence. Direct social media efforts in support of organizational marketing priorities. Offer constructive interaction with users, and promote website content on social media; develop and administer social media content and campaigns that engage a range of audiences
- Work with Event Management team to develop and drive event marketing to increase meeting awareness and corporate participation
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all staff members are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Play a collaborative role along with leadership to ensure that the full range of digital communications is leveraged in strategic ways that further the goals of projects and advance the broader strategic goals of the organization.
- Help draft content, as needed, to support subject matter experts in how to best position content for targeted audience.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, journalism, English or related field
- 15+ years relevant professional experience in marketing, communications or editorial environment
- Excellent judgment and strategic thinking abilities
- Experience developing and maintaining a content strategy, and telling compelling brand stories across a variety of platforms
- Experience developing content marketing strategies, including blogs
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills with acute attention to detail. Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to assess processes to improve quality
- Ability to develop strong relationships and build consensus with staff at all levels
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, changing environment
- Candidates must be local to DC
- 12-month contract with an opportunity for extension or conversion
- Approximately 30-40 hours per week
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, pay requirements and resume to:
National Business Group on Health
20 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001