Membership Account Manager
The National Business Group on Health (“Business Group”) is the nation’s only non-profit organization devoted exclusively to representing large employers’ perspective on national health policy issues and helping companies optimize business performance through health improvement, innovation and health care management. The Business Group’s mission is to keep its membership on the leading edge of innovation, thinking and action to address health care cost and delivery, financing, affordability and consumer experience with the health care system. The Business Group is comprised of over 400 members, mostly Fortune 500 companies, providing health care coverage for more than 50 million workers worldwide. The Business Group offers competitive salaries based on experience and education and has competitive benefits for employees including a generous 403(b) employer match, tuition reimbursement, 100% public transportation subsidy, generous time off, and a flexible work schedule.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Membership Account Manager to join our Membership Services team. In this position, you will be responsible for building long-term relationships with a group of members through developing and executing a proactive membership strategy to continue to engage our current members and manage and strengthen relationships to increase retention. The Account Manager works in conjunction with all members of the Membership team and reports directly to the Vice President of Membership and Member Services. This position is based in Washington, DC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for retention of specific members and overall retention
- Responsible for onboarding and integrating new members and cultivating existing organization member relationships
- Monitors and scores member company involvement in the Business Group and shares relevant information with the Business Group’s staff
- Responsible for having detailed knowledge of specific set of member organizations. Includes understanding these members’ needs and challenge areas. Must be able to effectively communicate how the Business Group can assist with challenge areas. Acts as liaison to members who seek assistance in accessing the Business Group staff
- Strengthens relationships with existing member organizations.
- Must develop strong knowledge of the Business Group’s work and other services.
- Identifies under-engaged areas within member organization. Identify contacts within that area and then connect them with the appropriate Business Group staff
- Manages and updates contact information within member companies. Must develop new relationships within member organizations to increase number of contacts
- Conducts quarterly and semi-annual reviews with members to articulate the Business Group benefits to their organizations
- Prepares and maintains Member Summary Sheets available to all Business Group employees
- Provides regular updates and feedback on member issues and opportunities to Vice President Membership & Member Services
- Directly involved with annual membership renewal process, including developing targeted retention letters and company specific engagement activities to key membership segments
- Assists the Membership team and other staff members with special projects and other administrative tasks as needed and when workload permits
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree or CAE helpful, but not required
- Five+ years in a membership-oriented association
- Proven account management or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering member-focused solutions based on member needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, high attention to detail, good analytical skills
- Knowledge of concepts of relational database systems
- Strong marketing skills
- Ability to use video-conferencing platforms
- Proficient in the use of relevant Microsoft Office Suite software
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Positive attitude
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
National Business Group on Health
20 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001