The National Business Group on Health (“Business Group”) is the nation’s only non-profit organization devoted exclusively to representing large employers’ perspective on national health policy issues and helping companies optimize business performance through health improvement, innovation and health care management. The Business Group’s mission is to keep its membership on the leading edge of innovation, thinking and action to address health care cost and delivery, financing, affordability and consumer experience with the health care system. The Business Group is comprised of over 400 members, mostly Fortune 500 companies, providing health care coverage for more than 50 million workers worldwide. The Business Group offers competitive salaries based on experience and education and has competitive benefits for employees including a generous 403(b) employer match, tuition reimbursement, 100% public transportation subsidy, generous time off, and a flexible work schedule.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Meeting Coordinator to join our Events Management team. In this position, you will help support the overall coordination, execution and standardization of the National Business Group on Health meetings, conferences and webinars. The primary goal of the Event Management Team is to execute and deliver superior events and outstanding customer service to all Business Group members and participants. The Meeting Coordinator works in conjunction with all staff and reports to the Conference and Events Manager. This position is exempt and is based in Washington, DC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Conference and Events Manager, Events Management Team and works with Program Team to assist in the planning and coordination of all aspects of committee meetings, board meetings, summits, conferences and events of the organization including:
- Function space contracting and coordination
- Vendor contracting and coordination (hotel, restaurant, audio visual, catering, equipment, transportation, etc.)
- Zoom management, set up and presentation coordination for remote participants
- Creating event in Double Dutch conference app and managing app usage
- Meeting material preparation, production and distribution
- Attendee management, registration, payment and logistical support
- On-site meeting management
- Invoice review, approval, expense allocation and coding of all fees and expenses
- Adherence to cancellation policies and procedures
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of all internal and external Business Group webinars, including:
- WebEx management, set up and coordination
- Working with program team to plan and coordinate all aspects of the webinar, including:
- Function space and equipment reservations
- Registration website set up and testing
- Creating and sending webinar invitations to attendees
- Speaker coordination, registration and logistical support
- Hosting and coordinating pre-webinar practice sessions and dry runs
- Assistance with webinar meeting material preparation, production and distribution, if necessary
- Attendee management, registration and logistical support
- Troubleshooting during webinar presentations
- Reporting webinar evaluation results and attendance
- Posting webinar recordings on the Business Group website
- Training Business Group team members on conducting webinars
- Invoice review, approval, expense allocation and coding of both telephony and webinar fees
- Invoicing and collection of external webinar sponsorship
- Supports creating and maintaining a standardized process for planning and coordinating the organization’s meetings, conferences and webinars to produce a quality experience for meeting attendees while also troubleshooting and resolving any attendee issues.
- Supports Event Management Team as a liaison with Finance and Administration to process all meeting expenses and execute all contracting obligations.
- Organizing and maintaining all files and databases related to the meetings, conferences and webinars, including emergency preparedness plans and cancellation policies and procedures.
- Maintaining meeting and webinar information on the Business Group’s external website.
- Responds to member requests for information in a timely manner and delivering outstanding customer service.
- Assists the Conference and Event Manager, Finance & Administration team and other Business Group team members with special projects as needed and when workload permits. Including the planning and execution of internal Employee Engagement events as needed.
- Minimal travel will be required.
- Bachelors degree required
- 1-2 years’ work experience in an office setting, at a minimum
- Ideal candidate needs experience in meeting planning.
- Experience using video conferencing platforms.
- Experience working with membership databases a plus.
- Proficient in all MS Office Suite software and an expert in Outlook and the corresponding calendar functions.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Ability to work across the organization with all levels of personnel as well as with members and non-member meeting attendees.
- Extremely organized with a proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently and proactively on task and assignments.
- Ability to work effectively on team projects and be self-motivated and experienced in making independent judgments within the context of established policies and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of meeting planning software and applications
- Understanding of hotel /vendor negotiations
- Experience using WebEx and Zoom
- Knowledge of Microsoft CRM and Act-on a plus
- Familiarity in website design/development
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
National Business Group on Health
20 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001