March 19, 2021
A total of 68 large employer members of Business Group on Health responded to this survey, conducted between February 17 and March 3, 2021. The purpose of this survey was to understand how large employers are incorporating equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) into their company’s health and well-being strategy.
- Most large employers recognize that equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) are priorities for their health and well-being strategy.
- With respect to EDI, improving mental health and emotional well-being is the top target for 2021/2022.
- Almost all large employers:
- Have chief diversity officers (CDOs) or other senior leaders addressing EDI that, for the most part, report to chief human resources officers (CHROs).
- Utilize employee resource groups (ERGs) to drive EDI efforts. Most often, large employers utilize ERGs to participate in special events and provide recommendations on employee communications.
- Large employers use employee survey results more than any other data sources to inform EDI efforts within their health and well-being strategy.
- Some of the greatest challenges to addressing EDI, as noted by large employers, include obtaining data, developing best practices, measuring success and addressing resource constraints.
To read more, click the button below to download the full report.