The entry-level Manager works with the Vice President and others to monitor trends in employer-sponsored U.S. health care benefits and identify and develop solutions to large employers’ health care cost and delivery challenges. This position is responsible for supporting the Cost & Delivery Institute meetings, including partnering with the Vice President and others to set the agenda and leading benchmarking conversations. The Manager is also responsible for developing tools and resources to support member companies in controlling costs, improving quality and value, and driving delivery system reforms. This position reports to the Vice President and is based in Washington, DC. This position is temporarily remote.
- Research and develop a variety of materials that clearly and concisely describe complex U.S. health and pharmacy benefits issues from the employer perspective. Explain complex matters succinctly using appropriate language, organization of ideas and marshaling of facts objectively with minimal oversight and edits.
- With minimal oversight, demonstrate the ability to respond to requests for analysis, research, and information from members working within tight deadlines; working across the organization as appropriate.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and track health benefits issues of significance to Business Group members by staying on top of current events/trends in the industry.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, member needs and new industry developments and standards. Help identify opportunities the organization can leverage and pursue for its advantage.
- Maintain knowledge and thorough understanding of the latest products and solutions available to employers and the role the health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, benefits consulting firms, health management and health technology suppliers and other vendors play in the health benefits ecosystem.
- Support the Cost & Delivery Institute meetings including content planning, deliverable development, drafting notes and key insights, and facilitating roundtable discussions.
- Work with internal team and others to develop thought-provoking conference and summit agendas and presentations which address current trends and innovations.
- Design and facilitate webinars/benchmarking calls.
- Develop key insights explaining complex matters succinctly, using appropriate language, organization of ideas and marshaling of facts objectively, with minimal oversight and edits.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with members and external parties to track leading trends, identify emerging issues and strengthen value proposition and relevancy of member deliverables.
- May maintain member information, assist with meeting planning, identify speakers and coordinate speaker preparation, review meeting materials, identify potential sponsors based on the meeting focus, and help with other administrative tasks as needed.
- Identify opportunities for the organization to grow, add value proven services, and enhance the Business Group offerings to better serve the membership.
- Collaborate across teams and work alongside others to develop more deliverables
- Assist the Vice President, Leadership Team and other team members with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, strong consideration for Master’s degree, or equivalent related experience in health benefits, health management, human resources, or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years professional experience in corporate employee benefits or an organization, such as health care consulting, working with employers, health plans, delivery systems or other providers.
- Strong understanding and ability to discuss of U.S. health care delivery issues and employer-sponsored health care such as health care delivery, payment reform, pharmacy benefits, evidence-based benefits, cost pressures and health care industry competitive landscape, virtual health, and value purchasing.
- Understanding of US health care policy landscape and items impacting employer sponsored health care.
- Experience writing for a business audience a strong plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Determine goals, set priorities, measure progress, and handle multiple responsibilities while efficiently meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Manage a wide range of assigned projects from concept to completion on time and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong orientation towards collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. A writing assessment may be required for top candidates.
- Experience presenting to and leading discussions with contacts at member companies and other organizations.
- Actively listens to discern stakeholder needs, clearly articulates challenges and potential solutions, exhibits sound decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent internal and external customer and member service skills, having the ability to successfully interact with experts in the field, partners, colleagues, member companies, and potential members.
- Independently and effectively lead and facilitate small and large group discussions.
- Demonstrate strong organization skills, thoroughness, and ability to be detail oriented.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and creativity in finding and using relevant information.
- Effectively collaborate with other staff across the organization on high quality deliverables with member value.
- Work effectively on team projects and be self-motivated and experienced in making independent judgments within the context of established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to learn new subject matter quickly and become conversant on the subject.
- Contribute to the overall mission of the organization and member recruitment and retention through excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate high professional standards and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Highly computer literate, with demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite software, Zoom and Microsoft CRM.
- Strong project management skills
- Member/customer-first orientation
- Interpersonal awareness/leadership
- Growth mindset
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to: