The primary purpose of this role is to manage crucial work streams within the health and wellness benefits function. Responsibility in the Manager role may include but is not limited to: compliance, reporting, project management, vendor management, and liaising with the other businesses from upper management to the field. This role is critical to Lowe's because it aligns the proper amount of responsibility and expertise to the Manager so they can properly delegate critical responsibilities to more junior staff while not relegating deep subject matter expertise to the Senior Director of Benefits.
- Supervisor responsibilities for a team of Analysts, Senior Analysts, and Consultants to manage day-to-day functions and projects related to Medical, Dental, Vision, Behavioral Health, Wellness and other physical and mental health programs
- Manages relationships with vendors, brokers, consultants, and internal resources to ensure that benefit plans are compliant, competitive, and cost effective
- Directs and performs analytical projects to help ensure that all plans and programs are aligned with corporate and HR strategies
- Partners with finance, legal, sourcing and payroll on process and policy oversight to ensure accurate reporting and execution of benefits
- Proactively researches best practices to identify and resolve complex benefits related issues and to evaluate emerging trends, staying appraised of market advancements
- Seeks out, evaluates, and presents benchmarking analysis and benefit program comparisons
- Provides health and welfare subject matter expert support to the management team and other HR business partners
- Develops best practices for resolution of employee escalations, as well as resolutions of other high profile internal and external stakeholder issues
- Develops continuous improvement processes to optimize administrative work flow and continuously push repetitive tasks out of the Benefits COE toward Shared Services or outside vendors, as appropriate
- Drafts, reviews, and edits communications for various audiences from field associates to executives
- Delegates project management or acts as project manager for major benefit projects (i.e. open enrollment, program, system implementations, upgrades, etc.)
- Provides thought leadership and participates in peer and affinity groups to learn best practices and represent Lowe’s interests
- Tests compliance with federal and state laws by interpreting regulations to ensure administration of benefit programs is compliant with applicable regulations including PPACA, HIPAA, SOX, ERISA, and other state and federal laws
- Manages compliance work flows around PPACA and SOX to ensure proper coordination with outside vendors, legal, HR, IT, store operations, tax, and other stakeholders
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources, Insurance, Population Health, or a related field
- 6 years experience service Fortune 500 Retail
- CEBS, S/PHR, or other HR or benefits certifications or licenses
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 17 million customer transactions a week in the U.S. With total fiscal year 2022 sales of over $97 billion, approximately $92 billion of sales were generated in the U.S., where Lowe's operates over 1,700 home improvement stores and employs approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.