About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com.
The Health and Welfare Benefits Analyst will report into the US Retirement, Benefits and Well-being Team as part of the Total Rewards/Human Resources Organization. This fast pace, detail oriented team is looking for a skilled candidate with a strong understanding of health and welfare benefit administration, vendor management and employee/retiree remediation.
- Support Program Manager with daily activities for TD's Medical, Dental, Vision, Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, AD&D Programs, Including escalations, process controls, and compliance.
- Collaborate with team members on strategic initiatives and vendor enhancements
- Primary support and daily management of all retiree benefit plans, including HRA strategy with third party vendo
- Execute and track monthly reporting and facilitate monthly governance calls
- Management of quarterly and monthly dashboards (e.g., enrollment, utilization and spending)
- Ad hoc projects and requests including compliance and operational support
- Manage employee and active escalations and handle all formal appeals
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of TD culture, management philosophy and experience in human resources is preferred.
- Good organization, presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of program administration and budget operations.
- Project management and project planning skills. Ability to manage medium size projects from start to finish.
- Leadership and collaborative skills to build and maintain proactive involvements with all levels of staff and members of the community.
- Solid MS Office knowledge, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must be able to conceptualize events and programs to engage end users.
- Solid relationship building, strategic planning, consulting and basic financial skills.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com. Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.