April 07, 2023
Forty-one employers responded to this survey, conducted between February 9 and March 10, 2023. This survey examines how large employers address overweight and obesity in five key markets (Canada, China, India, Mexico and the United Kingdom).
- Among employers who have operations in the five countries of interest:
- 41% indicated that they offer employee overweight and obesity management coverage through their health plan and/or as part of their programs/initiatives.
- More than 80% of employers offer stress management programs in the listed countries.
- Only 15% of employers indicated that they have data related to their weight management program or benefit outcomes for the listed countries.
- For those not offering weight management support, the top two reasons cited were 1) a lack of demand and 2) existing coverage via government health insurance.
To read more, click the button below to download the full report.