Members of the Institute are a diverse group of including chief medical officers, global well-being leaders and global benefits leaders from diverse geographic regions. The Institute also includes a select number of strategic partners from our industry partner membership who provide thought leadership to the group. Membership is limited so please use our contact us form to learn more about available opportunities.
Institutes & Committees Cost & Delivery Institute Global Institute Well-being & Workforce Strategy Institute Health Innovations Forum Executive Committee on Value Purchasing Leadership Forum on Employee Experience Pharmacy Benefit Committee Leave Optimization Forum Evidence-based Benefit Design Committee
Mission & Objectives
The mission of the Global Institute is to better enable multinational companies to succeed in their global agenda to support their worldwide workforce.
The health, well-being and benefits landscape is a difficult one, but the challenges are exponentially greater when your responsibilities include developing and implementing a strategy and programmes across multiple countries. As a global professional, you’re faced with ever-changing regulatory environments, mergers and acquisitions, a mobile workforce crossing borders, lack of harmonization in programmes, lack of consistency in virtual solutions, multiple languages, cultural nuance, rising costs, data and measurement needs, differing underlying public health systems, and variation in the local insured market.
Yet, your biggest barrier is often limited resources.
By joining the Global Institute, members magnify the resources at their disposal, because the Institute’s objectives are designed to meet your practical needs. As you continue on your global journey, be assured that you don’t have to travel it alone.
- Create a community of like-minded global peers to learn from and support on trending issues and everyday challenges;
- Exposure to a diversity of perspectives represented by colleagues in varied roles (chief medical officers, global well-being leaders, global benefits leaders, occupational health professionals, global health leaders) and geographical locations. Representative colleagues from each region include those with responsibility globally, regionally and locally; and
- Exposure to a network of country expertise: Current Institute companies have a collective presence in over 190 countries, offering access to a wealth of experience to leverage.
Explore The Institute
Browse current members of the group.
This content is for Employer members with internal-facing benefit roles only. Already a member? Login
Join today to gain access to member-only resources!Learn More
How To Get Involved
If you represent an employer member of Business Group on Health your annual participation fee is $5,000.
The Institute meets four times a year in-person – twice in New York and twice at the Business Group’s offices in Washington, DC. The June meeting coincides with our annual Global Summit.
Members provide guidance on Business Group resources focused on global health, well-being and benefits strategy. Members participate in employer roundtable discussions and provide thought leadership on upcoming discussion topics, conference sessions and publications focused on emerging issues such as women in the workforce, global mobility, minimum core benefits and other non-health benefits topics. Members advise the Best Employers: Excellence in Health & Well-being Global Distinction Awards program.
Scope of Work
- Face-to-face benchmarking and networking opportunities available to all Global Institute members. Meetings are held in multiple regions;
- Virtual Global Institute-only benchmarking sessions offered on global topics as well as country- and regional-specific discussions;
- Thought leadership on global strategies and leading trends that are locally relevant across multiple countries, with access to certain industry and policy experts at Institute-only meetings;
- Ability for Institute members to help set the agenda for global resources, products and topics based on your priorities;
- Access to employer examples available to Institute members only. These examples relate to various global topics (well-being, mobility, mental health, governance, purchasing, cost solutions, etc.);
- Promote awareness and understanding of global health, well-being and workforce and benefits challenges, including quality, implementation and the impact of organizational changes. Also available to members are discussions about the importance of policy, local requirements or regulations and how they impact experience; and
- Mechanism for confidential sharing of ideas and experiences with other Institute members.