Eligibility & Criteria
Who is eligible?
National Business Group on Health members and Non-member companies.
CRITERIA FOR NON-MEMBERS:
Non-member companies MUST meet one of the following criteria:
- Is a Fortune 500 company; or
- Is in the top 100 of Forbes America's Largest Private Companies; or
- Has at least 5,000 employees.
If a sub-unit or division wishes to apply under the parent organization membership, the Business Group will allow one parent and one sub-unit/division to apply.
*There are no eligibility restrictions for National Business Group on Health members.
- $500 — Non-refundable access fee for the Best Employers: Excellence in Health & Well-being ® and Global Distinction applications and all otherwise password-protected Best Employers and Global Distinction content. * This fee will only need to be paid by the first contact person at a non-member company who requests access to the application. All other contacts at that same company may access the website after payment has been made.
- $1,500 — Application fee for the Best Employers: Excellence in Health & Well-being award only.
- $1,500 — Application fee for the Global Distinction award only.
- $3,000 — Application fee for both Best Employers: Excellence in Health & Well-being and Global Distinction awards
Request a username and password.
The application consists of four parts:
- Strategy, Management and Culture
- Environment, Policies and Programs
- Metrics & Reporting
- Have a tobacco-free indoor policy. A tobacco-free indoor policy means that tobacco products (including vaping with e-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco) are not permitted inside any company-owned buildings and/or leased space.
- Include a high percentage of U.S. employees and no fewer than 1000 U.S. employees as eligible employees that the application covers.
- Include holistic components about their program such as, but not limited to:
- Social Connectedness
- Financial Security
- Community Involvement
- Emotional Health
- Include information about their program's ability to track and provide results for metrics associated with employee well-being beyond physical health.
- Have recognized the importance of linking health & well-being to business performance and can show results.