Japan is a key focus country of interest for the Global Business Group on Health.
These reports provide an overview of Japan in the areas of population health, health care, health-related legislation, and benefits.
- Benefits Benchmarking Survey Results: Japan – August 24, 2016
This survey report contains information about benefits, plan design, costs and areas of focus among GBGH member companies with operations in Japan.
- Profile: Health and Health Systems – February 20, 2014
This profile provides information about the health and health care systems in Japan. It also includes demographic, economic, and environmental factors that may impact the health and well-being of an employer's workforce there.
- Health Benefits Fact Sheet – February 20, 2014
This fact sheet provides an overview of health benefits practices and wellness initiatives in Japan.
- Health Benefits Overview Presentation – February 20, 2014
Gregg Mayer & Company, Inc. presented an overview to the Board on health and health benefit issues in Japan.
Benchmarking and Metrics
- Benefits Benchmarking Survey Results
These survey reports contain information about benefits, plan design, costs and areas of focus among GBGH member companies with operations in GBGH target countries and world regions. To ease member burden, GBGH concentrates on a different country and world region each quarter. All world regions should be represented by mid-2016.
- Health and Benefits Dashboard — September 1, 2015
These employer resources highlight health and benefits issues in countries across world regions.
- Health Risk Factors in 45 Countries — September 12, 2014
This document outlines health risk factors by sex across a portfolio of 45 countries.
- Global Nutrition and Weight Management — July 16, 2014
This document examines trends in underweight, overweight and obesity globally. Additionally, it provides recommendations on steps that employers can take to promote optimal nutrition for their worldwide workforce.
- Japan's Burden of Tobacco May 31, 2014
This document outlines the toll of tobacco in Japan including the prevalence of tobacco-related disease, its economic cost and locally available cessation resources.
- Standard Market Practice in Health Promotion – April 30, 2014
This report provides context on employer's health promotion practices in Japan. The report includes background, program strategy and status, program types, staff support, complexities and barriers, data and measurement, project information, and recommendations for employers.
- Health Resources Guide – February 20, 2014
This resource guide includes information on health and wellness vendors, government agencies, medical associations, and advocacy organizations in Japan.
- Immunization Recommendations – February 20, 2014
This document reports the recommendations for children and adult vaccinations in Japan.
- Wellness Programs in Japan – November 6, 2013
This survey explores common employer health promotion practices in Japan and assesses top employee health needs. Specifically, what offer programs, benefits and services do employers offer their Japanese employee population, who manages those initiatives, and what sources of information do they use to track program impact?
Women at Work
- Women in Japan: A Glimpse at Their Health Status and Challenges – March 5, 2013
This document summarizes areas of inequality in Japan that affect women in the workplace, in society, in the home and as individuals. It also outlines what some employers have done to address these issues and provides a list of Japanese advocacy groups that may be useful to local human resources and benefits staff.
= Global Business Group on Health Members only
= National and Global Business Group on Health Members only