These materials provide an overview of India in the areas of health, healthcare, health-related legislation, and benefits.
- Profile: Health and Health Systems – November 29, 2012
This profile provides information about the health and health care systems in India. It also includes demographic, economic, and environmental factors that may impact the health and well-being of an employer's workforce there.
- Health Benefits Fact Sheet – November 29, 2012
This fact sheet provides an overview of health benefits practices and wellness initiatives in India.
- Healthcare in India: Current Challenges and Future Opportunities – June 9, 2011
Mercer presented an overview of the health care landscape in India.
- Global Demographic Prospects to 2030: Implications for the World Economy – December 8, 2011
Nicholas Eberstadt of American Enterprise Institute presented the demographic outlook to 2030 for the world. He addresses upcoming population issues for China, India, Japan, Russia, Western Europe, and the U.S.
- Game Changing in India: Chronic Disease – December 9, 2010
IBM explained the growing chronic disease issue in India and how it is approached this issue.
- Market Intelligence — October 15, 2013
These materials (Country Snapshot and Health Dashboard) provide a brief overview of the health care system, population health statistics, and HR practices in multiple countries.
- HIV/AIDS Impact and Response by Country — January 23, 2012
This spreadsheet provides information about HIV/AIDS prevalence, legislation, prevention and treatment in 17 different countries. Employers should consider using this information as they plan their HIV education programs and benefit strategies in their worldwide locations. The countries targeted include Brazil, Canada, China, India, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.
- Medical Coverage for HIV/AIDS in India — January 22, 2010
This paper summarizes the work completed by the Institute's HIV/AIDS team and includes information about local insurance carriers, benefit taxation issues, and findings from local informant interviews.
- End of Life: A Workplace Management Challenge — September 2, 2010
Pitney Bowes presented why and how employers can address this issue affecting their employees and their families.
- End of Life Care Outside the United States Report — September 1, 2010
This report covers several aspects of end of life care (health care payment structure, use of hospice/palliative care, caregiving, demographics and data on dying, regulations, and helpful resources) for each target country and includes several global resources.
- India's Burden of Tobacco — July 24, 2012
This document outlines the toll of tobacco in India including the prevalence of tobacco-related disease, its economic cost and locally available cessation resources.
- Global Tobacco Policies (Excel) — September 8, 2011
This excel spreadsheet presents country-level policies and regulations that may be pertinent to corporate tobacco cessation efforts. Information is included for ten target countries on a wide range of issues (national/local legislation, available smoking bans, availability of NRT, etc.). Employers are encouraged to send (email@example.com) updated information about their in-country tobacco cessation experiences and initiatives for future inclusion.
- Incorporating Program Sustainability into a Global Wellness Strategy: The American Express Story in India and the United Kingdom – October 28, 2011
This case study highlights a conversation with American Express' Vishpala Reddy and Breckon Jones about corporate wellness initiatives in India and the United Kingdom. The focus of the conversation was on how American Express builds local programs with an eye to long-term sustainability.
- Establishing a Corporate Culture of Health in India: The American Express Story – September 7, 2011
Vishpala Reddy of American Express spoke about her company's HealthyLiving program in India. She presented the organization's wellness and health promotion strategy in India, including the initiative's history, its rationale, organization, and slate of wellness offerings. Here is the webinar recording.
- Employer Exchange: Managing Health Promotion at the Indian Worksite — April 6, 2011
Dr. K Srinath Reddy, President of the Public Health Foundation of India, presented on a GHBI webinar about his published research studying the effectiveness of worksite health promotion campaigns in India to impact employee cardiovascular health and wellness.
- India: Standard Market Practice in Health Promotion — November 29, 2012
This report provides context on employer's health promotion practices in India. The report includes background, program strategy and status, program types, staff support, complexities and barriers, data and measurement, project information, and recommendations for employers.
- Health Resources Guide – November 29, 2012
This resource guide includes information on health and wellness vendors, government agencies, medical associations, and advocacy organizations in India.
- Immunization Recommendations – November 29, 2012
This document reports the recommendations for children and adult vaccinations in India.
= Global Business Group on Health Members only
= National and Global Business Group on Health Members only