These materials provide an overview of India in the areas of health, healthcare, health-related legislation, and benefits.
- Profile: Health and Health Systems – November 29, 2012
This profile provides information about the health and health care systems in India. It also includes demographic, economic, and environmental factors that may impact the health and well-being of an employer's workforce there.
- Health Benefits Fact Sheet – November 29, 2012
This fact sheet provides an overview of health benefits practices and wellness initiatives in India.
- Healthcare in India: Current Challenges and Future Opportunities – June 9, 2011
Mercer presented an overview of the health care landscape in India.
- Global Demographic Prospects to 2030: Implications for the World Economy – December 8, 2011
Nicholas Eberstadt of American Enterprise Institute presented the demographic outlook to 2030 for the world. He addresses upcoming population issues for China, India, Japan, Russia, Western Europe, and the U.S.
- Market Intelligence — October 15, 2013
These materials (Country Snapshot and Health Dashboard) provide a brief overview of the health care system, population health statistics, and HR practices in multiple countries.
Health Risks Project
- Health and Benefits Study Presentation — September 12, 2012
Mercer presented a summary of its findings in the Global Business Group on Health project identifying the major health risks and management programs for India-based employees.
- Health and Benefits Study Report — August 23, 2012
This is the final report for an extensive project conducted by the Global Business Group on Health to identify the major health risks and management programs for employees in India.
- HIV/AIDS Impact and Response by Country — January 23, 2012
This spreadsheet provides information about HIV/AIDS prevalence, legislation, prevention and treatment in 17 different countries. Employers should consider using this information as they plan their HIV education programs and benefit strategies in their worldwide locations. The countries targeted include Brazil, Canada, China, India, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.
- India's Burden of Tobacco — May 31, 2014
This document outlines the toll of tobacco in India including the prevalence of tobacco-related disease, its economic cost and locally available cessation resources.
- Global Tobacco Policies (Excel) — September 8, 2011
This excel spreadsheet presents country-level policies and regulations that may be pertinent to corporate tobacco cessation efforts. Information is included for ten target countries on a wide range of issues (national/local legislation, available smoking bans, availability of NRT, etc.). Employers are encouraged to send (firstname.lastname@example.org) updated information about their in-country tobacco cessation experiences and initiatives for future inclusion.
- India: Standard Market Practice in Health Promotion — November 29, 2012
This report provides context on employer's health promotion practices in India. The report includes background, program strategy and status, program types, staff support, complexities and barriers, data and measurement, project information, and recommendations for employers.
- Health Resources Guide – November 29, 2012
This resource guide includes information on health and wellness vendors, government agencies, medical associations, and advocacy organizations in India.
- Immunization Recommendations – November 29, 2012
This document reports the recommendations for children and adult vaccinations in India.
- Incorporating Program Sustainability into a Global Wellness Strategy: The American Express Story in India and the United Kingdom – October 28, 2011
This case study highlights a conversation with American Express' Vishpala Reddy and Breckon Jones about corporate wellness initiatives in India and the United Kingdom. The focus of the conversation was on how American Express builds local programs with an eye to long-term sustainability.
- Establishing a Corporate Culture of Health in India: The American Express Story – September 7, 2011
Vishpala Reddy of American Express spoke about her company's HealthyLiving program in India. She presented the organization's wellness and health promotion strategy in India, including the initiative's history, its rationale, organization, and slate of wellness offerings.
- Employer Exchange: Managing Health Promotion at the Indian Worksite — April 6, 2011
Dr. K Srinath Reddy, President of the Public Health Foundation of India, presented on a GHBI webinar about his published research studying the effectiveness of worksite health promotion campaigns in India to impact employee cardiovascular health and wellness.
Women at Work
- Best Practice Maternity Program Presentation — May 15, 2014
This webinar is an executive summary of findings from the Global Business Group on Health's project to develop a best practice model for maternity programs in India. For full details, see the report available through the link immediately below.
- Best Practice Maternity Program Full Report — May 15, 2014
This is the final report for the Global Business Group on Health's project to develop a best practice model for maternity programs in India. It includes background information about current maternity provisions, best practice recommendations and program design details.
- Work-Life Perspectives: Talent Management in Asia — February 21, 2013
Catalyst shared work-life strategies that employers can implement to improve work-life balance in Asian markets.
- Pregnancy Care Program: Where Parents Are Born — February 21, 2013
Honeywell shared its approach to promoting healthy pregnancy to its Indian workforce.
- Women in India: A Glimpse at Their Health Status and Challenges – August 7, 2012
This document summarizes areas of inequality in India that affect women in the workplace, in society, in the home and as individuals. It also outlines what some employers have done to address these issues and provides a list of Indian advocacy groups that may be useful to local human resources and benefits staff.
- Women's Health Around the World – November 30, 2011
This chart provides comparative data for GHBI target countries on issues relevant to women's health.
- Webinar: Global Trends in Health Benefits for Women – November 17, 2011
Dr. Lorna Friedman and Céline Ng Tong from Mercer present an overview of women in the workplace and highlight their health care concerns and issues.
= Global Business Group on Health Members only
= National and Global Business Group on Health Members only