These materials provide an overview of China in the areas of health, healthcare, health-related legislation, and benefits.
- Benefits Benchmarking Survey Results: China – September 18, 2014
This survey report contains information about benefits, plan design, costs and areas of focus among GBGH member companies with operations in China.
- Profile: Health and Health Systems – September 18, 2014
This profile provides information about the health and health care systems in China. It also includes demographic, economic, and environmental factors that may impact the health and well-being of an employer's workforce there.
- Health Benefits Fact Sheet – September 18, 2014
This fact sheet provides an overview of health benefits practices and wellness initiatives in China.
- Health and Benefits Update in China – September 18, 2014
Mercer provided an update on changes in the health and benefits landscape in China.
- Market Intelligence — October 15, 2013
These materials (Country Snapshot and Health Dashboard) provide a brief overview of the health care system, population health statistics, and HR practices in multiple countries.
- Global Demographic Prospects to 2030: Implications for the World Economy – December 8, 2011
Nicholas Eberstadt of American Enterprise Institute presented the demographic outlook to 2030 for the world. He addresses upcoming population issues for China, India, Japan, Russia, Western Europe, and the U.S.
- Globally Aligned and Locally Relevant Benefits Governance — October 31, 2013
Cris Ponce, Benefits Manager for South Asia, Australia, New Zealand & Japan at Cisco discussed benefits governance from global and local perspectives.
- 'Local Plus' Coverage Panel — March 27, 2013
Mercer and three employers discussed 'local plus' coverage in China.
- Market Overview
Mercer provided a market overview of the issues in 'local plus' coverage in China.
- Package and Framework
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. discussed its 'local plus' package and framework.
Cummins presented its 'local plus' practices a variety of areas including pension and medical plan.
- International Transfer Policy
Cisco shared its 'local plus' international transfer policy.
- Communicate With Global HR — March 27, 2013
Karen Zhao, Compensation and Benefits Manager for Cummins in China discussed tips for successful communication with global HR.
- Quality Health Care at the Workplace — March 27, 2013
Dr. Fiona Bao discussed Dow Chemical Company's on-site medical clinic in China including philosophy and services provided.
- Health Care Costs in China Quick Survey Report — December 3, 2012
This survey report shows increases in health care costs for global companies and members' approaches to lower those increasing going forward.
GBGH collaborated with the Asian Liver Center at Stanford University on the important health issue of hepatitis B in Asians and Asian Americans. The following products are the result of this collaboration and include an overview presentation, brochures, and a manager guide for business.
- Hepatitis B Updates — June 5, 2014
Dr. Samuel So of the Asian Live Center presented updates on what employers should know about chronic Hepatitis B.
- Steps to Address Chronic Hepatitis B in the Asian Workforce — February 21, 2013
Dr. Samuel So of the Asian Live Center presented its recent findings on employer efforts Hepatitis B
- Why Chronic Hepatitis B Should Be at the Top of Your List of Chronic Diseases in China — March 28, 2012
Dr. Sam So from the Asian Liver Center at Stanford University outlined the problem of hepatitis B in China and the role large employers can play.
- Hepatitis B General Information Brochure – June 21, 2011
This brochure provides employees with an overview of hepatitis B, and promotes prevention, treatment, and non-discrimination.
- Hepatitis B and Moms-to-Be Brochure – June 21, 2011
This brochure provides pregnant women with an overview of hepatitis B and promotes pre-natal and post-natal preventive care.
- Chronic Hepatitis B: A Vital Sign in Asians and Asian Americans Webinar Presentation — June 14, 2011
Dr. Samuel So from the Asian Liver Center presented information on hepatitis B and its impact on Asians (especially the Chinese), Pacific Islanders, and Asian Americans. He also shared actionable items for employers.
- Healthymagination: Hepatitis B Management in General Electric Webinar Presentation — June 14, 2011
Dr. Jean Wu from General Electric presented information on her company's Hepatitis B vaccination program.
- IBM: Hepatitis B Program and Long History of Non-Discrimination in China Webinar Presentation — June 14, 2011
Dr. Tong Chen from IBM presented information on his company's Hepatitis B policies and procedures.
- The Business Response to Hepatitis B: An Action Guide for Managers (Chinese Version) — October 25, 2010
This Chinese-translated brochure provides employers with an overview of Hepatitis B and actionable strategies on screening, vaccination, and treatment.
- The Business Response to Hepatitis B: An Action Guide for Managers – October 25, 2010
This brochure provides employers with an overview of Hepatitis B and actionable strategies on screening, vaccination, and treatment.
- HIV/AIDS Impact and Response by Country — January 23, 2012
This spreadsheet provides information about HIV/AIDS prevalence, legislation, prevention and treatment in 17 different countries. Employers should consider using this information as they plan their HIV education programs and benefit strategies in their worldwide locations. The countries targeted include Brazil, Canada, China, India, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.
- China's Burden of Tobacco — May 31, 2014
This document outlines the toll of tobacco in China including the prevalence of tobacco-related disease, its economic cost and locally available cessation resources.
- Global Tobacco Policies (Excel) — September 8, 2011
This excel spreadsheet presents country-level policies and regulations that may be pertinent to corporate tobacco cessation efforts. Information is included for ten target countries on a wide range of issues (national/local legislation, available smoking bans, availability of NRT, etc.). Employers are encouraged to send (email@example.com) updated information about their in-country tobacco cessation experiences and initiatives for future inclusion.
- Standard Market Practice in Health Promotion – September 12, 2014
This report provides context on employer's health promotion practices in China. The report includes background, program strategy and status, program types, staff support, complexities and barriers, data and measurement, project information, and recommendations for employers.
- Health Resources Guide – September 12, 2014
This resource guide includes information on health and wellness vendors, government agencies, medical associations, and advocacy organizations in China.
- Immunization Recommendations – September 12, 2014
This document reports the recommendations for children and adult vaccinations in China.
- Employee Health & Well-being Programs — October 31, 2013
Bai Lei, Project Manager, Global Health, Work-Life & Safety at Deere & Co. outlined the company’s health and well-being programs offered in China.
- A Snapshot of Wellness Programs and the Annual Check-Up in China — March 28, 2012
Mercer reviewed the prevalence of wellness programs in China and provided a snapshot of the commonly provided health check-up.
- Wellness SYMplified — March 28, 2012
Symantec discussed elements of its wellness program in China.
- Health Screening: Scientific Basis — March 28, 2012
Dr. Tong Chen (IBM) provided a list of tests commonly found in the health check-up used in China and discussed the available evidence.
- Wellness Programs in China – November 7, 2011
This survey explores common employer health promotion practices in China and assesses top employee health needs. Specifically, what offer programs, benefits and services do employers offer their Chinese employee population, who manages those initiatives, and what sources of information do they use to track program impact?
= Global Business Group on Health Members only
= National and Global Business Group on Health Members only