The National Business Group on Health, the nation's leading non-profit organization representing large employers on health care and related worksite issues seeks a qualified candidate for the following positions. The Business Group is comprised of over 425+ members, mostly Fortune 500 companies, including the nation's most successful managers of health care and other benefit programs. A 501(c)(3) organization, The Business Group has been active since 1974 in private and public sector efforts to improve health care delivery. The Business Group offers competitive salaries based on experience and education and has competitive benefits for employees including a 200% 403B employer match, tuition reimbursement, 100% public transportation subsidy, generous PTO and a flexible work schedule. For further information, see http://www.businessgrouphealth.org.
Director, Benchmarking and Analysis
The Director has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Benchmarking & Analysis Unit, a department of the National Business Group on Health. This position reports to the President & CEO, is a member of the Leadership Team, and leads a team of professionals in providing primary and secondary research and data analytic support across the organization to address large employers’ critical health and welfare benefit concerns. The Director works in consultation with the President/CEO and team members to develop tools, resources and reports to disseminate its findings to both internal and external audiences including corporate human resources staff, medical directors and benefit managers. This position is based in Washington, DC.
- Serves as the main contact for conducting primary and secondary research, data analyses and answering questions from members and other key stakeholders.
- Responsible for disseminating key information and data internally and externally in a variety of formats, including written reports, infographics, presentations and other deliverables.
- Oversees the development of a wide-range of surveys to collect answers to the most relevant questions that large employers and key stakeholders have related to employer health and welfare benefits and health care.
- Responsible for working with strategic partners and other external organizations to serve the benchmarking needs of the membership including the development of products and services that anticipate and respond to member needs on health care issues in this fast-changing environment.
- Works across the organization to provide research and data analytics support to the organization as a whole.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a repository and collecting, organizing and reporting salient data and best practices.
- Responsible for the strategic oversight and continual updating of benchmarking tools including Numbers You Need, Plan Design Network and Ask a Benefits Question.
- Responsible for the internal execution and delivery of EMPAQ® and WISCORE while also serving as the primary contact with the programmatic strategic partners.
- Provides analytic expertise in the products and solutions available to employers through health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, specialty service vendors and consulting firms.
- Contributes to the success of the organization by:
- Designing and conducting independent research projects;
- Providing written and editorial support for program activities and deliverables;
- Developing “Quick Surveys” in collaboration with Business Group members ;
- Overseeing the design, launch, analysis and dissemination of the annual Plan Design Survey
- Responsible for establishing and meeting the goals and objectives of the Benchmarking & Analysis Unit.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and develop/retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility and performance.
- In coordination with the Vice President of Finance and Administration, manage contracts, budgets, internal staff and external consultants in developing and producing deliverables.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to member companies.
- Represent the Business Group at relevant conferences, meetings, and professional associations.
- Work with the President / CEO, Vice President of Membership and Member Services and the Leadership Team to increase member value, formulate/implement the strategic work plan and recruit new member companies.
- Other duties as assigned by the President / CEO.
- Master’s Degree in economics, mathematical science, research, business or related health services field.
- 7-10 years’ experience in health services research, economics, public health, business, survey research or related areas, including a minimum of three years’ experience in a leadership position.
- Knowledge of current health issues and employment-based health care.
- Experience in business consulting or health care consulting a plus.
- Strong leadership skills and at least five (5) years supervisory experience.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Membership and customer services experience a plus.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Proficient in research and data analysis techniques.
- Strong critical thinking, reasoning, deductive problem solving and analytical skills.
- Outstanding writing, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and delegate as necessary
- Ability to synthesize and tailor information and products to employer needs/interests.
- Highly motivated, action-oriented and able to facilitate problem-solving.
- Able to communicate (written and verbally) with a variety of audiences including employers, policy makers, health care providers, and the media.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and priorities, measure progress, handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experienced in making independent judgments within established policies and procedures.
- Excellent internal & external customer service skills; ability to work across the organization with all levels of personnel and with member/potential member companies.
- High professional standards including handling information confidentially.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and solicitation skills.
- Resource development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and expert in Outlook and corresponding calendar functions.
- Experience and familiarity with statistical software (e.g. SAS / SPSS), database reporting, query software.
- Experience using WebEx.
- Knowledge of CRM a plus.
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Vice President Finance and Administration & CFO
National Business Group on Health
20 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Page last updated: June 21, 2016